Surat Textile Mills was incorporated in 1945. The registered office of the company is situated at Garden Mills Complex,Sahara Gate, Surat,Gujarat-395010.
Business area of the company
The company’s principal activity is to manufacture yarn and polyester chips.
Products of the company
- Cotton yarn
- Synthetic filament yarn
- Polyester chips.
- 2003- The company was ranked 491st in Business Barons- Global Data Services of India’s list of India’s 500 most outstanding companies.
- 2003- The company had ranked 888th in the 12th Business Today list of India’s most valuable private sector companies.
- 2004- The company had received a composite score of 11 out of a possible 15 in Industry 2.0’s SCM Metrics study.
- 2005- The company had re-appointed MR Momaya as director of the company and also appointed MR Momaya as the managing director of the company for a period of 5 years.
- 2007- S M Vig was reappointed as the director of the company.
- 2008- The board for industrial and financial reconstruction (BIFR) has approved the draft rehabilitation scheme (DRS) forwarded by Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI), the operating agency (OA).