The Whirlpool of India Limited announced its Quarterly Results for Q4FY21 on Tuesday 15th June 2021. Here is a short analysis of the Q4FY21 result of Whirpool:
1. Q4FY21 Results:
- The Consolidated Revenue from Operations of the company rose by 31.4% YoY from Rs. 1,354 Cr. in Q4FY20 to Rs. 1,779 Cr. in Q4FY21/ Quarter-on-Quarter, the revenue from operation increased by 19.1% from Rs. 1,494 Cr. in Q3FY21.
- The Consolidated Operating Profit of the company also increased by 38.7% YoY from Rs. 137 Cr. in Q4FY20 to Rs. 190 Cr. in Q4FY21. While the same has grown by a massive 88.1% QoQ from Rs. 101 Cr. in Q3FY21.
- The Operating Profit Margin of the company has also grown by 60 bps YoY and 390 YoY from 10.1% and 6.8% respectively to 10.7% in Q4FY21.
- The Consolidated Profit Before Tax of Whirlpool for the quarter ended 31st March 2021 was Rs. 173 Cr. against Rs. 124 Cr. in the same quarter previous year amounting to significant growth of 39.5% YoY. The PBT has increased by 84% QoQ from Rs. 94 Cr. in the quarter ended 31st December 2020.
- The company has reported a healthy Consolidated Net Profit of Rs. 130 Cr. in the quarter ended 31st March 2021, up by 41.3% YoY from Rs. 92 Cr. in Q4FY20. Whereas QoQ, the Net Profit has grown by stellar 83.1% from Rs. 71 Cr. in Q3FY21.
- The Net Profit Margin of the company has also reported significant growth. In Q4FY21, the net profit margin grew by 50 bps YoY from 6.8% to 7.3%. Whereas, on QoQ, the Net Profit Margin of the company has increased by 250 bps from 4.8% in Q3FY21.
Whirlpool of India- Q4FY21 Results
2. FY21 Performance:
- The Consolidated Revenue from Operations for the full year of the company stood at Rs. 5,900 Cr., down by 1.6% from Rs. 5,993 Cr. in FY20.
- The Consolidated Operating Profit of the company went down by 22.9% from Rs. 673 Cr. in FY20 to Rs. 519 Cr. in FY21.
- The Operating Profit Margin stood at 8.8% in FY21 against 11.3% in FY20, resulting in a degrowth of 250 bps.
- The Consolidated Profit Before Tax (PBT) of the company also fallen by a massive 30% from Rs. 667 in FY20 to Rs. 470 Cr. in FY21.
- Finally, the company delivered a consolidated net profit of Rs. 352 Cr. in FY21, down by 28.2% from Rs. 490 Cr. in FY20.
- The Net Profit Margin of the company in the year ended 31st March 2021 was at 6%.
Whirlpool of India- FY21 Performance
The Board of Directors has recommended a final dividend of Rs. 5 per equity share.
4. Cash Flow:
The Company is having a Free Cash Flow of Rs. 479 Cr. in FY21 against 63 Cr. in FY20.