Standalone Q4FY21 results
- Income from operations rose by 15% to Rs. 841 crore in Q4FY21 from Rs. 734 crore in Q4FY20.
- Q4FY21 EBITDA stood at Rs. 164 crore as compared to Q4FY20 EBITDA of Rs. 140 crore, a rise of 17%. The EBITDA margin in Q4FY21 was 20% as compared to 19% in Q4FY20.
- PAT in Q4FY21 stood at Rs. 120 crore, a growth of 1% from Q4FY20 PAT of Rs. 118 crore.
Standalone Highlights Q4FY2021
- The company continues with priorities such as health and safety of employees and stakeholders in with also continuing the operations following all COVID protocols in COVID second wave.
- Demand for Soda ash and Bicarb was firm and above pre-COVID levels in the Q4FY21.
- The company is also witnessing strengthening of spot soda ash prices, which will easy margin pressure in upcoming quarters.
- Cement prices were on higher levels in Q4FY21 and demand was strong too.
- Food and rubber grade specialty silica have received good acceptance in the domestic market.
- Due to strong customer engagements in international market along with increasing healthy food preferences of consumers Prebiotics reported increase in volumes.
- Company will continue to see growth in FOS (Fructo Oligosaccharide), Prebiotic and Dietary Fibre.
Consolidated Q4FY21 results
- Income from operations rose by 11% to Rs. 2,636 crore in Q4FY21 from Rs. 2,378 crore in Q4FY20.
- Q4FY21 EBITDA stood at Rs. 283 crore as compared to Q4FY20 EBITDA of Rs. 400 crore, a decline of (29)%. The EBITDA margin in Q4FY21 was 11% as compared to 17% in Q4FY20.
- PAT in Q4FY21 stood at Rs. 29 crore, a decline of (85%) from Q4FY20 PAT of Rs. 198 crore.
Consolidated Highlights Q4FY2021
- Basic Chemistry products division had a revenue of Rs. 792 crore in Q4FY21, a growth of 13% when compared to same quarter in previous year.
- Similarly, Specialty products revenue stood at 49 crore with an increase of 59% when compared to Q4FY20.
- Strong Cash flow from Operations of Rs. 2,037 Cr in Q4FY21 as compared to Rs 1,780 Cr Q4FY20.
- Polar Vortex caused a spike in energy prices which led to a Rs. 45 crore one-off impact in US operations.
- UK operations had one offs of Tax asset write off amounting to Rs 16.5 crore and Rs. 7.5 crore of refinance cost & impact due to floods.
- The company expects the demand for soda ash and related products in North America, UK and Kenya to sequentially improve in 2021-22.
- Contract prices for calendar year are lower in US but the export spot prices are seeing positive movement.
- Due stabilization in demand plant capacity utilization remains high in Q4FY21.
- Rallis India Q4 Consolidated Revenues stood at Rs. 471 crore and PAT growth of at Rs. 8 crore.
Standalone FY21 results
- Income from operations rose by 3% to Rs. 2,999 crore in FY21 from Rs. 2920 crore in FY20.
- FY21 EBITDA stood at Rs. 611 crore as compared to FY20 EBITDA of Rs. 718 crore, a decline of (15%). The EBITDA margin in FY21 was 20% as compared to 25% in FY20.
- PAT in FY21 stood at Rs. 479 crore, a decline of (29%) from FY20 PAT of Rs. 672 crore.
Consolidated FY21 results
- Income from operations stood at Rs. 10,200 crore in FY21 from Rs. 10,357 crore in FY20.
- FY21 EBITDA stood at Rs. 1,501 crore as compared to FY20 EBITDA of Rs. 1,949 crore, a decline of (23%). The EBITDA margin in FY21 was 15% as compared to 19% in FY20.
- PAT in FY21 stood at Rs. 436 crore, a decline of (58%) from FY20 PAT of Rs. 1,028 crore.
Key Highlights – YTD
- Soda Ash demand improved in Q4 of FY21. This helped the company in recovering some of the lost volumes in H1FY21 which resulted in overall offtake achievement close to previous year.
- Except for some disruption in Q1FY21, the Bicarb demand remained steady. On a yearly basis, the volumes remained flat.
- The company extended its distribution network for Pre-biotics in North America, Europe, and South-East Asia.
- The company also commenced serving commercial shipments in some of these markets
- The company successfully launched four new products in crop care, six new products in crop nutrition and four new products in seeds segment in Rallis India new brand architecture rollout.
- The company maintained optimum cash flow throughout the year with strong collections.
- The company also accelerated digital initiatives from its product trials to improve employee and farmer engagements.
- The company declared a dividend of Rs. 10 per share.