George Alexander Muthoot - Managing Director
Oommen K. Mammen - Chief Financial Officer
K.R. Bijimon - Chief General Manager
- Muthoot Finance reported growth in gold AUM at 27% YoY in Q4 FY21.
- Interest income increased from Rs 27,169 Mn in Q3 FY21 to Rs 27,891 Mn in Q4 FY21; 2.7% QoQ growth.
- PBT increased from Rs 13,315 Mn in Q3 FY21 to Rs 13,496 Mn in Q4 FY21.
- PAT increased from Rs 9,914 Mn in Q3 FY21 to Rs 9,957 Mn in Q4 FY21.
- Total liabilities decrease by 1% from Rs 465,517 Mn in Q3 FY21 to Rs 460,196 Mn in Q4 FY21.
- Gold Loan Assets Under Management as of march’21 is around Rs 519 Bn which grew from Rs 496 Bn in Q3 FY21.
- Average Gold Loan Per Branch is Rs 112 Mn in Q4 FY21 which grew from Rs 107 Mn in Q3 FY21.
- ROE in Q4 FY21 was 27%.
- NIMs declined by 27bps QoQ to 14.27%
- Capital adequacy ratio was 27.5% as on March’21
- Price to earnings ratio as on March’21 was 13 and price to book value ratio was 3.2.
- During Q3FY21, added 3.88 lakh new customers and 3.61 lakh new customers in Q4FY21.
FY21 performance of the group:
- The total gross loan assets of the group grew from Rs 468,705 Mn in FY20 to Rs 582,802 Mn in FY21; YoY growth is 24%.
- Consolidated profit of the group grew from Rs 31,687 Mn in FY20 to Rs 38,189 Mn in FY21; YoY growth is 21%.
- Contribution of Muthoot finance in the consolidated gross loan assets of the group is 90% and the remaining is of its subsidiaries.
- Contribution of Muthoot finance in the profit of the group is 97% and the remaining is of its subsidiaries.
- The standalone profit of Muthoot finance ltd. in FY21 is Rs 37,222 Mn which grew from Rs 30,183 Mn in FY20.
- The total consolidated assets grew from Rs 548,816 Mn in FY20 to Rs 686,414 Mn in FY21.
- The total standalone assets grew from Rs 504,597 Mn in FY20 to Rs 634,649 Mn in FY21.
- The total loan disbursements in the year is Rs 1.24 lakh crore.
- Loan assets under management is Rs 526,223 Mn.
- The consolidated profit after tax is now at Rs 3,819 crores, which is a 21% year-on-year growth.
- Standalone profit before tax increased by 23% YoY; it grew from Rs 40,574 Mn in FY20 to Rs 50,065 Mn in FY21.
- Standalone profit after tax increased by 23% YoY; it grew from Rs 30,183 Mn in FY20 to Rs 37,222 Mn in FY21.
- Gold jewellery kept as security is 171 tonnes.
- Interest income increased by 21% YoY; it grew from Rs 85,644 Mn in FY20 to Rs 103,285 in FY21.
- ROE in FY21 was 28%.
- Interest Income on Average Loan Assets was 22.2% in FY21 and was 21.7% in Q4 FY21.
- Interest Expense on Average Loan Assets was around 8% in FY21 and was 7.4% in Q4 FY21.
- Net Interest Margin in FY21 was around 14.24% and 14.27% in Q4FY21.
- return on average loan assets in FY21 was around 8% and 7.8% in Q4 FY21.
- operating expenses to average loan assets ratio was around 4% in FY21.
- Borrowings from Banks/Fis - 198,331 Mn (43%)
- Secured Non-Convertible Debentures – Listed – 135,656 Mn (29%)
- External Commercial Borrowings- Senior secured Notes – 73,111 Mn (16%)
- Commercial Paper – 38,540 Mn (8%)
- Other Loans – 9,817 Mn (2%)
- Secured Non-Convertible Debentures (Muthoot Gold Bonds) – 2,635 Mn (1%)
- Muthoot Homefin: Disbursements in FY 2021: Rs1,010 Mn. AUM as on Mar 31, 2021: Rs. 17,042 Mn, Loan Book as on Mar 31, 2021: Rs14,040 Mn, ROA for FY 2021: 0.75%, ROE for FY 2021: 2.92%
- Belstar MFI- Book grew to Rs 33 bn from Rs 26 bn (+25% YoY); PAT has decline due to higher provisions. Stage 3 stood at Rs 0.78 bn as on Mar’21, made Rs 0.80 bn additional provision during FY21.
- Home finance- book did not grew but this year expects good disbursal.
- Vehicle finance- Book did not grew but they’re restarting this business from July onwards.
Domestic credit ratings:
CRISIL - AA + stable
ICRA - AA + stable
- Highest Rating among gold loan companies