Icon times
Metropolis Limited Q4FY21 Conference Call Transcripts

Metropolis Limited Q4FY21 Conference Call Transcripts

Published on 17 June 2021 .Views 121 .Comments 1
Share On

FY21 Performance:

  • Metropolis Healthcare won the Leading Diagnostic chain of the year award at the Elets Diagnostics Leadership Summit, 2021
  • Revenue increased by 17% year-on-year and is at Rs 998 crores for FY’21 as compared to Rs 856 crore in FY’20
  • EBITDA (before CSR and ESOP) grew by 29% year-on-year and stood at Rs 301.1 crores as compared to Rs 233.4 crores in FY’20
  • EBITDA margin expanded by 290 bps year-on-year to 30.2%
  • PAT for FY21 increased by 44% YoY and stood at Rs 183.83 crores as compared to Rs 127.6 crores in FY’20, PAT Margin expanded by 350 bps YoY and is 18.4%
  • Home Visits Revenue as a % of Total B2C business increased from 17% in FY20 to 32% in FY21
  • Non-Covid Home Visits Revenue as a % of Non-Covid B2C business

increased from 17% in FY20 to 24% in FY21

  • Revenue contribution from specialty care from non-covid test increased to 42% in FY’21 from 37% in FY’20
  • Share of B2C Business in Focus cities (Non-Covid) at 58% in FY’21 from 56% in FY’20
  • The Narco contract has been extended with the prestigious PPP contract and thus enforces the confidence in the company’s scientific and on ground execution capabilities.
  • Company’s efforts during covid period have strengthened the Metropolis brand in north eastern India, for instance, north India now contributes to 10% of sales in FY’21
  • As of Mar’21, company have 125 labs and network of 2,565 service centers
  • Reported patients visits of 9.8 million for the full year as compared to 10 million in FY’20
  • Debtors’ days has improved from 65 days in Mar’20 to 41 days in Mar’21, an improvement of almost 25%
  • Overall working capital has improved from 11 days in Mar’20 to 4 days in Mar’21
  • Strong liquidity position with cash and cash equivalents of Rs 428 crores as on Mar’21


Q4FY21 Performance:

  • Revenue increased by 42% year-on-year and is at Rs 292 crores for FY’21 as compared to Rs 206 crore in Q4FY’20
  • EBITDA (before CSR and ESOP) doubled on year-on-year basis and stood at Rs 103.5 crores in Q4FY’21 as compared to Rs 51.7 crores in Q4FY’20,
  • PAT stood at Rs 61.3 crores as compared to Rs 15.5 crores in Q4FY’20, an increase of 296% year-on-year (last year Q4 has an exceptional item, so it is not comparable)
  • Reported patients visits of 3.2 million, a growth of 29% year-on-year basis
  • Non-covid business contributed 86% of the revenue while covid business contributed the rest 14% of the revenue during Q4.
  • Non-covid revenue stood at Rs 251 crores in Q4FY’21, up by 20% year-on-year


Research & Development and Products:


  • The expected Capex investment would be approximately 30 to 35 crores over a three -year period for the proposed expansion plan.


FY22 Outlook:

  • Well growing B2C Mix, the primary strategy of the company is to increase the Retail share in focus cities to 65%
  • Wellness segment revenue contribution is 6% in FY’21, this market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% over the next 3 financial years
  • Leverage vast capabilities in Molecular Diagnostics, oncology, cytogenic where there is less competition and higher margins
  • Selectively participate in PPP tenders in India by leveraging experience with the execution of the NACO order, large opportunities exist in African market on PPP basis.
  • Targeting wealthy individuals having sedentary lifestyles, prone to diseases such as cardiovascular and diabetes ailments, precision medicine, focus on preventive care, walk-in/direct-to-customer services to drive growth
  •  Strengthen Metropolis brand to ‘Be the only choice of Patients’
  • Focus is to become an end-to-end digital service provider not only for customers, but for all stakeholder including doctors, vendors and healthcare partners
  • Add 90 Labs and 1,800 service centers over next 3 years and strengthen leadership position in existing geographies and build Metropolis brand in new geographies
  • Expansion of Home visit coverage to 100 locations in 1 year and cover 200 locations within 2 years
  • Metropolis will acquire 100% equity of Hitech Diagnostic Centre Pvt. Ltd. in a combination of cash and stock deal.
private article suscription area icon

You like to know more. We like that!

Please subscribe Model Portfolio Plan to get access of all premium model portfolio articles Only at Rs. 9,999.00/Year.

Please login to view this free article.

This blog is available only for logged in users, please register and get access to view this article.

Recently Uploaded

premium Premium
free Free
Chat on WhatsApp
Caret UP Arrow
InvestYadnya Support
Typically replies in minutes
InvestYadnya Support
Hi there
Welcome to InvestYadnya.
We are available to assist you on WhatsApp.
Please click on the button below to chat with us.
(10 AM to 7 PM IST)
Chat with InvestYadnya