- After Q3 FY21, the company has recovered 100% of the revenues of the previous years and Q4 F21 has shown a healthy return to growth.
- The investments in digital and technology are centered towards strategy, the company has launched a machine learning-based model to increase the user experience of the customers to a greater extent.
- The revenue from operations of the Q4 FY21 stands at Rs. 10,259 million with a growth of 14.3% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The company has liquid funds equivalent to Rs. 6,024 million in the form of cash & cash equivalents, bank deposits, and investments.
- The company has on-boarded a global forensic agency after a data breach incident happened in March.
- On data breach; JUBI reported there was no loss of business. Also, the company has hired a global agency to strengthen the overall security of customers.
- The company has announced the acquisition of a 32.81% equity stake in DP Eurasia N.V. for around 24.8 million British pounds.
- DP Eurasia is one of the large master franchisees of Domino's Pizza. It is a category leader in Turkey and has strong distribution in Russia.
- The company has also announced Multi-Country Master Franchise Agreement with Popeyes to develop, establish, own and operate Popeyes restaurants in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Bhutan.
- The chicken category is under-penetrated and according to the company, they can create excitement with Popeyes.
- According to the company, Popeyes will be a great addition to the JFL portfolio and it is expected to become one of the key drivers of growth in the coming years.
Activities for employee benefits:
- As the COVID cases rise in the second half of March 2021, Jubilant Foodworks has provided medical as well as other assistance to all its employees 24*7.
- A package of ex-gratia benevolence benefits that will provide support to the family of deceased employees to help ease the financial burden is given.
- The company has initiated a nationwide Covid-19 vaccination drive for 14,500+ employees and their dependents at Company's cost.
Domestic business expansion:
- The company under the expansion scheme opened 53 new stores during the quarter which includes 50 new stores of dominos.
- The company has added 8 new cities, adding to a city count of 293 which made the entry to FY22 with a larger base.
- The company had opened 134 new dominos stores during the complete FY21 against the initial plan of opening 100.
- The company has opened 1 outlet for each New brand – Hong’s Kitchen and Ekdum.
International business expansion:
- The business in the international outlets showed strong growth and good performance.
- 4 new stores are also opened international markets covering 3 in Sri Lanka which now accounts for a total of 26 stores and 1 in Bangladesh which now accounts for a total of 5 stores in the country.
- The company is positive about the growth numbers in both locations. Both countries turned EBITDA positive in Q4FY21.
- The company sees healthy expansion scope due to under penetration and growing acceptance of digital assets in these geographies.
- The company has come up with a new role of Chief Business Officer (CBO) in India for the implementation of various strategies.
- Mr. Ravneet Kohli who was earlier the head of operations is appointed for the new role as President and Chief Business Officer (CBO) for Domino's India.
- Mr. Amit Maheshwari is now promoted as head of operations for Domino’s India.
- Mr. Ashish Goenka has joined as a new CFO. Mr. Ashish has a rich experience from HUL.
- Mr. Gaurav Pandey has joined as a new Business head for Popeyes and he also has around 15 years of experience working for HUL.
- During restrictions in April and May, the company posted strong sales figures which were led by the home-delivery.
- Strong growth is seen in the delivery and take-away channels. The own channels of the company done more business than the aggregators.
- The growth in smaller towns is faster than the Tier-1 cities.
- The new app installation count was 6.1 million during the quarter.
- The strong network of delivery helped the company to achieve great numbers even during the hard times.
- 98% of the total orders after the pandemic are coming through digital channels.
- Jubilant Foodworks saw a healthy increase in its app downloads to 57.3mn. It indicates that this is an outcome of increased investment in digital assets, better experience, and relatively attractive offers on own application