Gland Pharma Q4 FY21 Earnings Call Highlights
Published on 11 June 2021|
- Revenue from operations stood at Rs 34,629 million ,32% year-on-year growth in revenue for FY’21
- Year-on-year growth in PAT is 29% for the year
- Emerging business accounts for 16% of FY’21 revenue
- Ability to turnaround orders in short period of time and offer broad portfolio of products helped to achieve this phenomenal growth in FY’21
- Key markets namely US, Canada, Europe and Australia accounted for 68% of revenue during FY’21
- Domestic market accounts for 16% of FY’21 revenue
- Gross contribution margin is 57% for the year
- EBITDA is Rs 14,370 million, with a growth of 31% over the previous year
- PAT is Rs 9,970 million, an increase of 29% as compared to last year.
- Effective tax rate is 25% for FY’21
- Cash flow from operations is Rs 6,049 million for the year
- Cash conversion cycle stood at 229 days for FY’21 as compared to 200 days as of last financial year end
- Total capex during the year is Rs 2,288 million
- ROCE on ex-cash basis stood at 33% as on March 31, 2021, an improvement of 130 basis points over the previous financial year
- Rs 30,058 million of cash as on March 2021.
- Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai, an MBA from Harvard Business School and Dr Allen Zhang, a scientist has joined the Board
- Revenue from operations stood at Rs 8,877, 40% year-on-year growth in revenue for the quarter
- Year-on-year growth in PAT is 34% for the quarter
- Gross contribution margin for Q4 is 56%
- EBITDA is Rs 3,749 million, with an increase of 31% compared to same period last financial year.
- Net profits is Rs 2,604 million, a growth of 34% compared to Q4 FY’20
- Effective tax rate is 25% for the quarter
Research & Development and Products:
- R&D expenditure for the year is Rs 1,220 million, an increase of 32% over the last year, the R&D expenditure for the quarter is Rs 304 million
- At the year end, there is 284 ANDA filings in the US and 1,501 products registrations globally
- 10 products SKUs launched in the domestic market during FY’21
- Successful completion of purchase of R&D and manufacturing facility of Vitane Biologics.
- Agreement with RDIF to supply Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine.
- Learning’s and infrastructure support from vaccine business will accelerate long term strategy of entering into biosimilar space
- Exploring other M&A opportunities that will build capabilities to strengthen product and technology infrastructure
- Started investing in new biologics facility to make it ready for vaccine and future biosimilar plants.
- 62 SKUs planning to be launched in FY’22
- May continue to maintain the EBITDA margin
You like to know more. We like that!
Please subscribe Model Portfolio Plan to get access of all premium model portfolio articles Only at Rs 7499/Year.