Financial results for Q4
Standalone Q4FY21 results
- The total income for Q4FY21 stood at Rs. 529 crores as compared to Rs. 526 crores in Q4FY20, a small growth of 0.5%
- The EBITDA for Q4FY21 decreased by (14.3%) to Rs. 158 crores from Rs. 185 crores in Q4FY20.
- PBT reduced to Rs. 137 crores in Q4FY21 from Rs. 160 Cr in Q4FY20, a fall of (14.1%).
- PAT also reduced from Rs. 116 crores in Q4FY21 from Rs. 101 Crores in Q4FY20, a fall of (13%).
Consolidated Q4FY21 results
- Total Income surged by 38.9% from Rs. 1058 Crores in Q4FY20 to Rs. 1469 Crores in Q4FY21.
- On similar lines, EBITDA went up by 74.3% from Rs. 264 Crores (21% margin) in Q4FY20 to Rs. 461 Crores (31% margin) in Q4FY21.
- Higher EBITDA is a result of favourable pricing environment, controlled operating leverage & higher plant efficiency.
- PBT for Q4FY20 stood at Rs. 201 Crores & for Q4FY21 at Rs. 390 Crores revealing a tremendous growth of 94.1%.
- This tremendous growth in PBT is due to reduced interest cost on account of reduction of debt by the company.
- PAT from Rs. 172 Crores in Q4FY20 went on to increase by 68.4% YoY to stand at Rs. 290 Crores in Q4FY21.
- PAT increased on account of improved operational & financial efficiency.
- Company has recorded supernormal profit on account of increased prices of DASDA.
Consolidated Segmental Performance
- Revenue from Basic Chemicals segment were recorded at Rs. 245 crores in Q4FY21 & in Q4FY20 at Rs. 226 crores, thus, growth by 9%.
- This higher revenue was reported due to great growth in volume YoY as there was sharp rebound in end user industries despite an increase in raw material prices.
- Revenue from Fine & Specialty chemicals went up from Rs. 158 crores in Q4FY20 by 30% to stand at Rs. 206 crores in Q4FY21.
- This boost was recorded on account of increased volume by 15%, increased demand for the product & better pricing of the segment products on YoY basis.
- Revenue from Performance products segment came down by (44%) from Rs. 154 crores in Q4FY20 to Rs. 87 crores in Q4FY21.
- Revenue from Phenolics business surged by 77% from Rs. 531 crores in Q4FY20 to Rs. 938 crores in Q4FY21.
- Reasons attributed for this increase are increased demand, increased capacity utilisation & improved prices.
Financial results for FY21
Standalone FY21 results
- Total Income for FY21 stood at Rs. 1823 crores as compared to Rs. 2237 crores in FY20, recording a fall of (18.5%) YoY.
- EBITDA reduced by (31.7%) from Rs. 804 Crores in FY20 to Rs. 550 crores in FY20.
- PBT from Rs. 706 Crores in FY20 fell by (32.2%) to Rs. 479 crores in FY21.
- PAT stood at Rs. 544 crores in FY20 & then fell by (34.8%) to stand at Rs. 355 crores in FY21.
Consolidated FY21 results
- The Total Income of FY21 increased by small 2.7% from Rs. 4265 Crores in FY20 to Rs. 4381 crores in FY21.
- Increased revenue is result of optimal utilisation of the plants by the company & by further exploring the domestic & international markets.
- EBITDA grew by 19.6% from Rs. 1061 crores in FY20 to Rs. 1269 crores in FY21.
- PBT from Rs. 806 crores in FY20 went up by 29.2% to stand at Rs. 1042 crores in FY21.
- PAT witnessed a growth of 27% from Rs. 611 crores in FY20 to Rs. 776 crores in FY21.
- Overall results are satisfactory despite of the fact that starting one month of the FY was under Covid-19 lockdown restriction.
Consolidated Segmental Performance
- Revenue from Basic Chemicals segment for full FY21 fell to Rs. 760 crores from Rs. 940 crores in FY20, a fall of (19%).
- Revenue from Fine & Speciality chemicals witnessed a growth of 31% from Rs. 586 crores in FY20 to Rs. 767 crores in FY21.
- Performance product segments’ revenue declined by (60%) from Rs. 767 crores in FY20 to Rs. 304 crores.
- Revenue from Phenolics business increased by 28% from Rs. 2001 crores in FY20 to Rs. 2561 crores in FY21.
- The Board of Directors recommended a final dividend of Rs. 5.5 per share for FY21.