Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)- a crude oil refinery and petroleum products marketing company has announced its Q4FY21 results on Wednesday, 26th May 2021. To know about the performance of the company and announcements made by the Board Members of the company, go through this blog.
Q4FY21 Results- Standalone:
- The Revenue from Operations of the company has grown from Rs. 81,296 Cr. in the quarter ended 31st March 2020 to Rs. 98,756 Cr. in the quarter ended 31st March 2021. Same has increased by 14% QoQ from Rs. 86,580 Cr. in the quarter ended 31st December 2020.
- In the case of Operating Profit, the company has recorded an Operating Profit of Rs. 5,058 Cr. in the last quarter of FY21. The Operating Profit was in negative territory in the same quarter last fiscal year i.e. -628 Cr. Operating profit has increased by 17.5% from Rs. 4,306 Cr. in Q3FY21.
- The Operating Profit Margin of the company stood at 5.1% in Q4FY21 against -0.8% and 5% in Q4FY20 and Q3FY21 respectively.
- Profit Before Tax has also come into positive territory from negative in the year-on-year comparison. In Q4FY20, there was a loss before tax was Rs. 2,069 Cr. which now stands at Rs. 12,237 Cr. in Q4FY21. Quarter-on-Quarter, PBT of the company has surged by 194.5% from Rs. 4,156 Cr. in the December Quarter.
- The company has earned a Net Profit of Rs. 11,940 Cr. in Q4FY21. In the same period of last fiscal year, BPCL reported a net loss of Rs. 1,361 Cr. While the Net Profit of the company has grown by 330% QoQ from Rs. 2,778 Cr. in Q3FY21.
- Net Profit Margin of the company stood at 12%, against 3.2% in Q3FY21 amounting to gain in the margin of around 880 bps.
BPCL- Q4FY21 Results
FY21 Performance- Standalone:
- Based on the full-year performance of the company, BPCL has generated revenue of Rs. 3,01,865 Cr. down by 7.8% from Rs. 3,27,581 Cr. in FY20.
- While the Operating Profit of the company has gone up by massive 158% on yearly basis from Rs. 6,639 Cr. in FY20 to Rs. 17,131 Cr. in FY21.
- The Operating Profit Margin of BPCL was 2% in FY20, which has now grown by 330 bps to 5.2% in FY21.
- The Profit Before Tax grew by a significant 747% from Rs. 2,683 Cr. in FY20 to Rs. 19,042 Cr. in FY21.
- Further, the Net Profit of the company has soared by 610% from Rs. 2,683 Cr. in FY20 to Rs. 19,042 Cr. in FY21.
- The Net Profit Margin of the company is 6.3% as of FY21.
BPCL- FY21 Performance
iii) Other Highlights:
- The Board of Directors has recommended a final dividend of Rs. 58/- per equity share (including a one-time special dividend of Rs 35 per equity share of Rs IO each) for the financial year ended 31st March 2021.
- The market sales of the Corporation for the year ended 31st March 2021 was 38.74 MMT as compared to 43.10 MMT achieved during the year ended 31st March 2020. The decrease is mainly in HSD-Retail (-10.66%), MS-Retail (-7.83%), ATF (-60.32%), and partly offset by an increase in LPG (6.24%).
- The Corporation has sold its entire shareholding in Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) i.e. 45,35,45,998 equity shares of Rs 10/-each (constituting 61.65% of the total equity capital of NRL) under the terms of the Share Purchase Agreement executed on 25th March 2021.
- The Equity Shares of NRL has been sold to a consortium of Oil India Limited and Engineers India Limited; and to the Government of Assam at a total consideration of: 9,875.96 Crores.