Icon times
Bajaj Auto Q4FY21 and FY21 Year Results | Yadnya Investment Academy

Bajaj Auto Q4FY21 and FY21 Year Results | Yadnya Investment Academy

Published on 03 May 2021 .Views 33 .Comments 0
Share On

Q4FY21 results

  • Total income for Q4FY21 stood at Rs. 8,879.7 crores, which is up 21% when compared to 7,348.5 same quarter the previous year. This also includes other income from the company’s investments majorly fixed maturity plans.
  • Revenue from operations increased to Rs. 8,596.1 in Q4FY21 from Rs. 6,815.8 in Q4FY20. A growth of 26%.
  • EBITDA stood at Rs. 1,558 crore, which was up by 20% when compared to Q4FY20 EBITDA of Rs. 1,293 crore. EBITDA margin in the current quarter was 18.1% while in the same quarter the previous year it was 19%.
  • The EBITDA margin declined due to higher input costs in Q4FY21. The company explained that the input cost is rising in Q1FY22 too.
  • Profit after tax for Q4FY21 was at Rs. 1332 crore, up 2% when compared to Q4FY20 profit of Rs. 1310.3 crore.
  • The rising input costs have affected the bottom line profit.


Sales volumes in Q4FY21

  • Volumes in Q4FY21 stood at 11,69,664 when compared to 9,91,961 in Q4FY20. QoQ growth stood at 18%.
  • The domestic volumes stood at 5,34,119 and export volumes were at 6,35,545.
  • Pulsar 125 had a strong pull as its volumes were over 1,28,000 units more than 51,000 units in FY20.
  • The company recorded over 6,00,000 units of exports which were the second-highest in a quarter.


FY21 results

  • The total income for FY21 was Rs. 29,018 crore which was down (8)% when compared to FY20 total income of Rs. 31,652 crore.
  • Revenue from operations reduced by (7)% to Rs. 27,741 crore from Rs. 29,919 crore in FY20.
  • Profit After Tax stood at Rs. 4,555 crore which was down -11% as compared to FY20 PAT of Rs. 5,100 crore.
  • It would be difficult to compare FY21 numbers to FY20 as due to lockdown, the company posted almost close to no sales in Q1FY21.
  • Also FY20 had a dividend income of Rs. 234 crore. The company received no dividends in FY21.

Sales Volumes

  • Sales volumes for FY21 stood at 39,72,914 units. This was down (14)% when compared to FY 20 volumes of 46,15,212. The domestic contribution stood at 48% and the export contribution stood at 52% for FY21.
  • The domestic volumes stood at 19,18,667 and export volumes were at 20,54,247 units.
  • 2 wheelers contributed to 91% of the volumes while the remaining 9% were from commercial vehicles.
  • The export motorcycles volumes just shy of 3.5K units to reach 18 lakh units. This is the second-highest number of exports for motorcycles in FY.
  • Total exports were more than 20 lakh units 3 years in a row.
  • Pulsar sold more than 12.5 lakh units, the highest ever in an FY, in domestic and export markets combined.
  • Overall volumes of motorcycles sold in both domestic and export markets by the competition, Bajaj Auto had a share of 27.6%.
  • Bajaj Auto now is the market leader with a market share of ~46.9% in the big three-wheeler passenger carrier segment.
  • Market share improved to 33.7% by 670bps in the goods carrier segment.



  • The Board recommended a dividend of Rs. 140/share. The total dividend payout would amount to Rs. 4,051 crore, which will be a pay-out ratio of ~90%.
private article suscription area icon

You like to know more. We like that!

Please subscribe Model Portfolio Plan to get access of all premium model portfolio articles Only at Rs. 9,999.00/Year.

Please login to view this free article.

This blog is available only for logged in users, please register and get access to view this article.

Recently Uploaded

premium Premium
free Free
Chat on WhatsApp
Caret UP Arrow
InvestYadnya Support
Typically replies in minutes
InvestYadnya Support
Hi there
Welcome to InvestYadnya.
We are available to assist you on WhatsApp.
Please click on the button below to chat with us.
(10 AM to 7 PM IST)
Chat with InvestYadnya