|Sales Growth||Profit Growth||Expense Growth||Stock Price CAGR|
Transpek Industry was set up in 1965 initially for manufacturing transparent acrylic sheets. The company has grown to become one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of a range of chemicals servicing the requirements of customers from a diverse range of industries - textiles, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, polymers, etc.
Transpek has evolved as a ‘first time’ manufacturer of several products in India and also pioneered the development of the market for the same.
With its expertise in handling chlorine and sulphur, the company has indigenously developed a process for chlorinated chemicals like Thionyl Chloride and Chloro Acetyl Chloride. Today the capacity for thionyl chloride at Transpek is the largest outside Europe.
Transpek used to manufacture sodium hydro sulphite, safolite, safoline, zinc oxide and zinc dust. This business since has been transferred to Transpek Silox Industry, a joint venture between Transpek & Silox.
• Thionyl Chloride: 15000 TPA
• Chloro Acetyl Chloride: 900 TPA
• Sulphur Dichloride: 1500 TPA
• Sulphur Monochloride: 7500 TPA
• Oleum 65% : 12000 TPA
• Sulphur Trioxide: 10000 TPA
• Sulphuric Acid: 5000 TPA
• Sulphur Dioxide: 7500 TPA
• Acid Chlorides: 1200 TPA
• In 1989, all members of Transpek received equity shares at face value, when the market price was over 20 times.
• In 1990, the company won a turnkey project in Iran to install and commission a chemical plant valuing $12.5 million, against competition from several world players.
• 1992, Financial Express, a leading Indian business daily, declared Transpek as the ‘Best Inorganic Chemical Company’ for two consecutive years.
• In 1996 Transpek commissioned the world’s largest manufacturing facility for Thionyl Chloride outside Europe.
• In 1997, its quality management system was awarded with ISO 9002 recognition from RWTUV of Germany.
• Transpek was recognized by the Government of India as an Export House.
• In 2000, the company’s quality management system was awarded ISO 14001 recognition from RWTUV of Germany