Shree Digvijay Cement Co Ltd., established on November 6, 1949 at Sikka – Jamnagar and one of the pioneers in the Cement business, is a flagship company of the Cimpor Group. Cimpor acquired management control of the company in the year 2008.
Its basket of products includes special cements like Oil Well Cement, Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement and Railway Sleeper Manufacturing Cement in addition to other varieties of Ordinary Portland Cement etc. It has a fully computer controlled plant and has a production capacity of 1.30 million tones per annum.
Well connected by Road, Rail, Air, and Sea, Digvijay has its own port. Digvijay’s prolific experience in the domestic and international markets is now further honed with the Cimpor Group’s management skills and technology.
The company’s brand ‘Kamal Cement’ is a well-known name in the cement industry. They have a significant market share in Gujarat and internationally in SAARC countries, Middle East and East Africa.
The company backed by its prolific experience, management skills and commitment along with state of the art technology makes its products presence in the international business and quest to meet the requirement of discerning customers and a concrete ambition to build a stronger globe.
The company had successfully established its presence by exporting varieties of cement & cement clinker to the following countries: UAE, Somalia ,Yemen, Bangladesh , Qatar, Srilanka, Iraq, Kuwait, Behrin, Philippines and other SAARC and African countries
Product range of the company includes:
- Ordinary Portland Cement 53 grade (OPC) as per BIS / BS / ASTM / SLS standards
- Oridinary Portland Cement 43 grade (OPC)
- Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement (SRPC)
- Railway Sleeper Manufacturing Cement (53-S Grade OPC)
- Oil Well Cement Class 'G' Grade HSR (as per API specifications 10A)
- Portland Pozzolana Cement
- 1944 Digvijay traces its origin on 6th November by Bangurs.
- 1947 Started commercial production with 1 lakh M.T capacity per annum.
- 1953 First expansion making total capacity to 2 lac M.T per annuam.
- 1954 Construction of Aerial Ropeway, a unique system in the country for transportation of sea-sand from jetty to plant.
- 1956 Second expansion to increase the production capacity to 4 lac M.T per annum.
- 1957 Ropeway put into operation.
- 1958 West Cost Paper Mills Ltd commissioned with financial help of Digvijay.
- 1959 Clinker grinding plant commissioned at Mumbai known as “Bombay Cement Mill” with annual capacity of 1 lac M.T.
- 1960 Asbestos Plant installed at Ahmedabad known as 'Asbestos Product Division.'
- 1964 Ropeway system installed for transportation of clinker and cement directly to Ship from factory.
- 1966 Commissioned Cement grinding unit at Ahmedabad known as Ahmedabad Cement Mill.
- 1967 Enhancement of cement production capacity to 6 lac M.T per annum.
- 1979 Beawar cement project initiated with financial help of Digvijay.
- 1982 Amalgamation of Hastings Jute Mill, Shreeram Silk Mill and Relaxon.
- 1984 Conversion of metre gauge line into broad gauge line.
- 1985 Dry process plant commissioned Lockout at Bombay Cement Mill.
- 1989 Digvijay become Sick and registered with BIFR first time.
- 1992 Digvijay came out of BIFR through profit and Equity infusion.
- 1994 Demerger of Fibre Product Division, Ahmedabd Cement Mill, Shreeram Silk Mill and Relaxon from Digvijay.
- 1998 Hastings Jute Mills sold.
- Grasim acquired management control of Digvijay
- Digvijay became Sick second time.
- 2000 Installation of captive power plant (DG Sets) and upgradation of Cement Mill to reduce cost.
- 2001 Digvijay was badly affected in earthquake.
- 2002 Downsizing of manpower through VRS.
- 2007 Digvijay came out from BIFR.
- 2008 Cimpor acquired management control of Digvijay.
- 2013 Votorantime acquired management control of Digvijay.
Awards & Achievements:
National Awards won by Digvijay:
- 1982- National Productivity Award
- 1996- National productivity Award
- 2003- National Energy Conservation Award
- 2004- National Energy Conservation Award
- 2005- National Energy Conservation Award - Certificate of Merit
- 2006-National Energy Conservation Award
Other Awards / Certifications
- 1989- American Petroleum Institute Certification
- 1996- ISO - 9002 Accreditation
- 2002- Bharat Shell's Lubricant Excellency Award
- 2003- Century International Quality Era Award in Gold Category
- 2005- ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) Certification
- 2005 OHSAS 18001 Certification
Awards / Certificates on Export Front
- 1994- Recognition as 'Export House' 1995 Golden Jubilee Year
- 1995- Recognition of Merit for Meritorious Export Performance
- 1997- Certificate of Merit for Export Achievement
- 2005- Recognition as Two-star Export House by Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India
- 2005- CAPEXIL Special Export Award
- 2006 CAPEXIL Special Export Award