Sanghi Industries Limited, formerly known as Sanghi Leathers Pvt. Ltd, a Sanghi group company was formed in the year 1985. The company was initially established with the aim of manufacturing PVC foam leather cloth. Thereafter, it had extended its production process to items like PVC self adhesive tapes, tarpaulins, and cements. Now it is India’s largest single steam cement plant.
The product line of the company comprises BOPP self adhesive tapes & PVC insulation tapes, hard leather, tarpaulins, stock labels and rigid PVC sheeting. Its product line includes chlorides, sulphuric anhydride and magnesia It also offers clinker and cement products.
The Sanghi Group is promoted by Shri Anand Prakash Sanghi and his brothers Shri Sudhir Sanghi, Shri Ravi Sanghi, Shri Girish Sanghi. The Group started its operations with its core competency in textiles and textile related activities and later diversified into Publications (Telugu & Hindi Daily Paper) plastics and leather, manufacturing wide range of leather and plastic products. Further, expanding its horizon the group entered into cement production with its plant located in Kutch of Gujarat.
Sanghi Industries Limited has setup a 3.3 MTPA cement plant with the most modern and state-of-the-art technology from Fuller International, USA at Village Motiber, Taluka, Abdasa in Kutch District, of Gujarat in India, having captive mines of raw materials which are equipped and operated with the best available state of art, safe and eco-friendly technology.
The company is well known for its concern to control the generation and liberation of fugitive dust at various sources in the mines and cement plant for the protection of environment by adoption of scientific measures. The adoption of surface miner for limestone mining, bag filters at all potential dust emission points and reverse air bag filter for raw mill and kiln gases, ESP’s are example of consciousness and commitment of the company towards the implementation of best available technological means. We are producing high quality clinker to manufacture superior quality of 53 grade portland cement from the very first date of commissioning the plant. We are maintaining high C3S in clinker with values exceeding 55%.
A choice to use lignite as 100% fuel was made due to economic reasons and process capabilities of Sanghi Industries Ltd though the plant supplier recommended the usage of lignite partly along with coal. The company is the first in India to use 100% lignite as fuel. High surface moisture content in lignite as run of mines was countered by sun-drying of lignite up to a level of 20% total moisture. Inertisation system in the process of grinding and storage of lignite was used to avoid fire hazards. Also strictly maintain 9% oxygen level in lignite mill circuit. The generation of carbon monoxide is strictly controlled through effective control of pyro section as gases for lignite mill operation is being taken through preheater. Various auto purging points identified for the purging of inert gas the system whenever any abnormality observed. It is in practice to purge raw mix powder into the mill at the time of starting and stopping of lignite mill.
Highlights of plant
- The largest single stream cement plant of 3.3 MTPA capacity with state-of-the-art and Automation in Quality Control System.
- Proximity to location of the all raw materials, the company has obtained mining lease over an area of 2000 Ha.
- Lignite as 100% fuel which is low cost is available at a distance of 70 Km.
- All weather captive jetty with high capacity loading arrangement.
- Highly automated process control and quality control system with Robo Lab.
- Cement transportation by sea route which contributes to low logistic cost.
- Sanghi Cement is produced at the world’s largest single-stream cement plant located at Sanghipuram in the Abdasa Taluka of Kutch district in Gujarat. This fully automated plant with state-of-the-art technology from Fuller International, USA, has revolutionized the way cement is produced and has several firsts to its credit.
- First plant in India to install cross belt analyzer for micro analysis of Limestone to ensure consistent superior quality of cement.
- First plant in India to install stacker and reclaimer for uniform homogenizing of raw materials.
- First plant in India to have an alkali bypass system ensures low alkali content in cement and hence eliminates alkali aggregate reactions to safeguard against cracks in the cement paste.
- First plant in the country to have 100% robotic control systems to ensure consistently superior strength and quality of operations.
- Only Indian company to achieve Export House status in the first eight months of commencement of operations.
- Cement grade high quality captive limestone mines with mining through latest eco-friendly and state-of-the-art surface miners.
- First company in India to have full fledged infrastructure, from day one, such as 58 MW power plant, own jetty to cater the needs of sea route transportation, desalination plant and road network.
- Greentech Award - Sanghi Industries Ltd bagged Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award 2008 for outstanding performance in environment management.
- Trading House Certificate from the office of the Joint Director General of Foreign Trade, Government of India.
- Awarded First prize for last four consecutive years, for Best Mining operations, from Indian Bureau of Mines & Directors of Mines Safety, Government of India on various aspects of Mining operations.
- Recipient of Special Awards from CAPAXIL for years 2002-03, 2003-04 & 2005-06, in recognition for outstanding performance in Export of Cement & Clinker.
- SA 8000:2001 from DET NORSKE VERITAS, for the Social Accountability System which leads Sanghi to ONE AND ONLY FIVE STAR certified organisation in Indian cement industry. Sanghi Industries has become the 217th company in the country who implemented the systems effectively.
- ISO 9001:2000 from DET NORSKE VERITAS Management system certificate for Quality Management system for manufacture of clinker and cement.
- ISO 14001:2004 from DET NORSKE VERITAS Management system certificate for manufacturing and supply of clinker and cement (for conforming to Environmental Management System Standard.)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 from DET NORSKE VERITAS Management system certificate for manufacturing and supply of clinker and cement (for conforming to Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard).
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 from National Accreditation Board for testing and Calibration laboratories (NABL) for General Requirement for the competence of testing & calibration laboratories in the field of mechanical and chemical testing.