Over 40 Years ago, Ram Ratan Gupta, a coal mine owner, was using a battery of progressive cavity pumps in his mines for face dewatering application. While he was intrigued by the complex profile of the rotor but at the same time he was frustrated by the recurring problems faced in importing spares for the pumps. He was aware that the entire Indian mining industry was confronted by this problem.
He set his mind to manufacture these pumps indigenously but he did not have access to the technical know-how,as the process of manufacturing complex-profile rotor was closely guarded by few overseas manufacturers.
Gupta’s dedication, determination and technical ingenuity, led to success. Soon, he invented a unique manufacturing (generating) process for machining the complex profile of the rotor. His technique was amazingly effective and did not demand huge investment. News of the break through reached the mining community, who turned to him to source these critical spares. The transition from manufacturing vital components to complete pump was a logical step and thus, Roto Pump was born.
Continuous investments in precision measuring instruments, state-of-the-art testing facility and a dedicated team of engineers are testimony to Roto's commitment to maintain and constantly upgrade the quality of its products. The manufacturing units are certified for conformance to the ISO 9001-2000 quality surveillance systems.
Product range of the company includes:
- Progressive Cavity Pumps.
- Twin Screw Pumps
- Dry Running Protection Device
- Pressure Switch
- Gauges (Pressure, Vacuum, Differential)
- Relief Valves
- 1968 - Mr. Ram Ratan Gupta founds ROTO Pumps for manufacture of Progressive Cavity Pumps with indigenous technology, for the first time in India, as an import substitute.
- 1975 - Second generation ‘N' series pumps launched.
- 1980 - Technical collaboration with M/s Stothert & Pitt of U.K. to manufacture Twin Screw Pumps.
- 1990 - A 100% export oriented unit established in Duty Free Zone at Noida, near New Delhi.
- 1993 - Joint venture to form Roto Sterling Ltd., a publicly held enterprise.
- 1994- Had a successful IPO and became Roto Pumps Ltd., a Publicly held enterprise.
- 1994 - Roto was honored with ISO 9001 Quality Certification by Underwriters Lab, USA
- 1995 - Roto's own R&D center established at Noida, near New Delhi.
- 1998 - Third generation ‘M' series pumps launched.
- 2001- Roto sets up its first overseas warehouse and marketing facility in Melbourne Australia.
- 2003 - Restructured the manufacturing operations by centralizing all the facilities to amodern state-of-art multiproduct manufacturing plant at Noida near New Delhi.
- 2004 - Roto strengthens its international presence by establishing its own Marketing and Warehousing Facility in Manchester, U.K.
- 2005 - Quality Management Systems upgraded as per 2000 version of ISO 9001-2000.
- The manufacturing units are certified for conformance to the ISO 9001-2000 quality surveillance systems.
- Roto Pumps has recently been awarded a high-valued prestigious job for supply of pumps in Sydney desalination project at NSW, Australia.
- ROTO has been awarded ATEX certification by DNV (Det Norske Veritas) for its Progressive Cavity & Twin Screw pumps.