|Sales Growth||Profit Growth||Expense Growth||Stock Price CAGR|
RITES, a Government of India enterprise was established in 1974, under the aegis of Indian Railways. It is incorporated in India as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 1956 and is governed by a board of directors, which includes persons of eminence from various sectors of engineering and management.
RITES, an ISO 9001-2000 company, is a multi-disciplinary consultancy organization in the fields of transport, infrastructure and related technologies. It provides a comprehensive array of services under a single roof and believes n transfer of technology to client organizations. In overseas projects, The company actively pursues and develops cooperative links with local consultants / firms, as means of maximum utilization of local resources and as an effective instrument of sharing its expertise.
RITES is internationally recognized as a leading consultant with operational experience of 62 countries in Africa, South East Asia, Middle East and Latin America. Most of its foreign assignments are for national governments and other apex organizations.
RITES employs over 2000 staff including over 1200 specialists of high professional standing in the fields of engineering, management and planning. Besides full time professionals, it also has on its panel a large number of experts, whose services can be drawn upon at short notice. This provides the company unmatched strength in meeting the needs of its clients worldwide.
• Pre-Project planning involving project identification, feasibility studies and project appraisal
• Project support activities comprising surveys, environmental & social impact assessment, geo-technical and other investigations
• Project preparation activities of detailed engineering, design, tender documentation, bid evaluation
• Project implementation / management covering contract administration, field engineering and construction supervision, procurement services, product certification, quality assurance.
• Commissioning, operation, maintenance of rolling stock & workshop management.
• Quality assurance & management
• Multimodal transport studies & materials management
• Financial, business plan, privatization & concessioning
• Property development
• System Engineering
• Economic & financial evaluation
Awards and achievements:
• RITES has won the Economic Times “Avaya Global Connect Customer Responsiveness Award” for being the India most customer responsive public sector undertaking in the year 2008.
• SCOPE Excellence Award - Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management among Smaller Public Enterprises for the year 2005-06 & 2002 - 03
• PEPC Export Award for Overseas Service Contracts in the category for maximum foreign exchange earned and repatriated to India from overseas service contracts during 2004-05 instituted by Project Export Promotion Council of India.
• National Award - Certificate of Merit of the National Award for Excellence in Engineering Consultancy Services for the project 'Development and Testing of Crashworthy Coach Designs for Indian Railways'.
• BE Award - Bentley System's BE Award of Excellence, 2006 under 'Civil Rail Design' category for Detailed Engineering Study for Kashmir Railway project, Jammu & Kashmir, India.
• National Award for the year 2004 by Consultancy Development Centre (CDC) for excellence in consultancy services for the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (DMRC) project.
• All India Top Exporters Award from Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC), Ministry of Commerce for excellent export performance registered in the field of its operations in the international sector for the years 1993-94,1994-95 and 1995-96 and 2003-04.and Regional Top Exporters Shield (Northern Region) for the year 1992-93 and 2002-03.
• Overseas Construction Council of India (OCCI) Award for maximum foreign exchange earned and repatriated in service contracts for the years 1986-87,1987-88,1988-89,1991-92 and 1994-96.
• Niryat Shree Golden and Bronze Trophies from the Federation of Indian Export Organisation (FIEO)
• Indo-German Greentech Environment Excellence Award for the year 2000-2001.
• RITES has been consistently rated as 'Excellent', the highest level of rating in its performance evaluation under the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with the Ministry of Railways since 1991-92.
• The company has been granted the status of Miniratna (The Small Jewel) in 2002.
• Recipient of the Prime Minister's award for its MOU performance
• RITES is an ISO 9001:2000 Company
• The company has ISO 9001:2008 Certificate
• National governments • Other Apex Organizations
• Central government • State governments • Public Sector Undertakings • Corporations and industrial establishments • Private enterprises
Funding Collaboration: • World Bank • Asian Development Bank • African Development Bank • United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) • United Nations Industrial Development Organization • United Nations development Programme • Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development