Kirloskar Oil Engines (KOEL) was incorporated in June 1978; is engaged in manufacturing of diesel engines. It is part of Kirloskar group of companies that has business interest in various sectors such as manufacturing, oil and gas, power, construction and mining, agriculture, industry and transport.
KOEL manufactures diesel engines in the range of 2 Kva to 6 MW. The engines are preferred by various services sectors like banks, telecommunication establishments, commercial use buildings, hotels and restaurants.
In 2010 Company changed its name from Kirloskar Engines India Ltd. to Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd.
The company is engaged in manufacturing of Diesel Engines, Irrigation Pump sets, Diesel Generating Sets, Engine Bearings and Engine Valves and Grey Iron Castings.
The company also offers generating sets over 1 MW that run on Heavy Fuel Oils.
The engine manufactured by company is preferred choice in powering Agricultural Machinery, Construction & Material Handling Machinery, Marine applications and equipment used by Armed Forces (Military).
The company sells small engine gensets under the name, “Kirloskar Green”.
The company had set up a greenfield project at Kagal, in Maharashtra. This project is an Export Oriented Unit that manufactures silent generating sets for global customers. It has manufacturing capacity of 60,000 engines
Company’s manufacturing plant has received ISO-14001 certification for Environmental Management System.
- 2009 - CII EXIM Bank Award for Business Excellence 2009 for Strong Commitment to Excel from the Confederation of Indian Industries KOEL have received the ‘National Energy Conservation Award -2009’ from Hon. Minister of Power, GoI Mr. Sushilkumar Shinde.
- 2010 - Inauguration of Kirloskar Oil Engines, Kagal Plant.Company has changed its name from Kirloskar Engines India Ltd. to Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd.
- Maharashtra Ratna 2010 awarded to Atul Kirloskar, Chairman and Managing Director, Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, by the President of India, Pratibhatai Patil.
- 2011- The National Record 2011 award by Limca Book of Records for not losing a single man-day due to labour unrest in the past 50 years.Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. honored by “Parivartan Leadership Award for Sustainability-2011” organized by India Carbon Outlook, New Delhi.
- 2013 - KOEL enters Limca Book of records for 7 consecutive ‘in time wage agreement’ signing since 1995 before its expiry.
-KOEL goes a step ahead of competitors with CPCB II compliant genset launch.
-Kirloskar Green is now KOEL Green.
- 2014 - KOEL Green – the new brand Identity for KOEL gensets WINgineering – KOEL’s first CPCB II compliant genset launched Multipurpose farm equipment – Mega T launched.
- 2015 - Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd signs MoU with MTU Friedrichshafen, GmbH.
-'KOEL AMERICAS CORP.' has become a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company
-Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd Honored With IMS Certification