Ingersoll-Rand (India), incorporated in 1921 is engaged in the business of providing solutions for infrastructure development, industrial solutions and climate control markets. Today, the company has emerged as being amongst the largest exporters of engineered goods in India. The company’s manufacturing facility is located in Ahmedabad in Gujarat. This facility has received ISO-9001 and ISO-14001 certification for quality management.
This Bangalore-based company has a sales network spread across 18 locations in India. Currently, it is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange.
Ingersoll-Rand manufactures a wide range of air compressors of various capacities with complete air solutions that span the entire compressed air system. It supplies an extensive range of SSR and Nirvana rotary screw compressors, with both fluid cooled and oil-free models. Its product- Centac is an oil-free centrifugal compressor extensively used for continuous duty applications. The company also manufactures air dryers, filters, after-coolers, receivers, water separators, etc. it also operate an in-house research and development unit for developing and testing new units
The company has completed an expansion of pump production capacity at its manufacturing facility in Sahibabad, India. The expansion expands its current pump production capability to include ARO Pro & EXP Series air-operated diaphragm pumps.
Ingersoll-Rand has tied-up with the world’s second largest valuable company IBM to provide remote energy and asset management solutions in India to drive greater energy efficiencies for organisations who are engaged in infrastructure creation or maintenance for high growth sectors (Commercial, Hospitality, Health, Pharma & others).
- 1921- Ingersoll Rand (India) was established in Calcutta as a trading company, thus becoming one of the first Indo-American ventures in India.
- 1965- The company set up India's first manufacturing plant for reciprocating compressors in Naroda, Gujarat. In the first year itself 800 compressors were manufactured
- 1977- The company went public.
- 1978- Ingersoll-Rand established its second manufacturing plant at Bangalore for production of construction, mining and water well drilling equipment.
- 1983- The company started rotary screw compressor assembly in its Naroda plant.
- 1989- The packaging of Centac compressor was started at the Naroda plant.
- 1993- The company’s Bangalore plant started production of soil and asphalt compactors.
- 1994- The company’s Ahmedabad plant started manufacturing of gas compressors.
- 1995- Ingersoll-Rand expanded capacity of it Ahmedabad plant in order to cater growing demand for castings.
- 1996- It acquired majority stake in Wadco Tools, Sahibabad -- a manufacturer of industrial tools.
- 1996- The company expanded the capacity of its Bangalore plant for in-house fabrication facility.
- 1997- It expanded its product portfolio by adding road building products like pneumatic tyre rollers to its Bangalore product line.
- 2000- The company’s head office was shifted to Bangalore.
- 2000- The company’s Naroda plant received ISO 9001 certification. it sold its process gas compressor division. The company set up a new high-pressure portable compressor for water-well drilling.
- 2001- The company launched its indigenously built hydraulic drifter drills.
- 2001- Ingersoll-Rand established RASTA, an institute to meet the training needs of the road-building community.
- 2002- The company’s Naroda Plant received ISO 14001 certification.
- 2002- The company’s PET packaging facility was shifted from Davidson facility in the USA to Ahmedabad plant. It shifted its rotary screw compressor facility from Bangalore to its Ahmedabad.
- 2003- The company built its first DM-H drill delivered to Northern Coal Fields, a subsidiary of Coal India.
- 2004- The company divested its drilling solution business to Atlas Copco.
- 2005- The company shifted its registered office to Bangalore.
- 2007- Ingersoll-Rand divested its bobcat, utility equipments and attachments to Doosan.
- 2007-The company divested its road machinery business to Volvo.
- 2008- It completed acquisition of Trane Inc., a global leader in indoor climate control systems, services and solutions in a transaction valued at approximately $10.1 billion
- 2012- The company has completed an expansion of pump production capacity at its manufacturing facility in Sahibabad, India. The expansion expands its current pump production capability to include ARO Pro & EXP Series air-operated diaphragm pumps.
- 2013 - Ingersoll Rand Launches Air Operated AROTM Dose Pumps in India
Ingersoll Rand Launches mid Torque cordless imapct wrenches & Drill drivers in India
- 2014 - Ingersoll Rand wins ‘2014 Dream Company to Work For’ Award second time in a row in the Manufacturing Sector
Ingersoll Rand Launches Science Centre With AGASTYA Foundation For Underprivileged Children In Remote Areas.
- 2015 -Ingersoll-Rand (India) enter into termination pact
-Ingersoll Rand creates the EcoWise™ portfolio of products for its climate and industrial refrigerant-bearing products that are designed to lower environmental impact with next generation, low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants and high efficiency operation.'