Established in 1991, Gujarat Ambuja Exports is principally involved in agro-processing and trading and has focused on exports, competing in the global market.
The company has put in place a strong infrastructure that constitutes technologically advanced plants with captive power generation at each plant, most modern quality control, improvement setup and human resource. GAEL is poised to scale newer heights and is fully geared to achieve the magical Rs 1,200 crore operational turnover.
Gujarat Ambuja Exports foresee itself as a leading Indian company providing good quality products and world class services at affordable prices. They therefore focus their efforts on offering customers the best value for their money. The company’s soya processing plants at Kadi in Gujarat and Akola in Maharastra are ISO 9001:9002 and Non-GMO Standard certified.
It came out with a public issue aggregating Rs 3.78 crore in April 1992 to meet the working capital requirements, part-finance a project for crushing castor seed and for setting up a refinery. The businesses of Gujarat Ambuja Proteins, Gujarat Ambuja Cotspin and Jupiter Biotech were amalgamated with Gujarat Ambuja Exports in 1997 and 2003 respectively.
The promoters of the company also have interests in Ambuja Agro, Gujarat Ambuja Soya Products and Ambuja Flour Mills. The shares of the company are listed on the Ahmedabad Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange.
The company is one of the India’s major manufacturers and exporters of the below:
Edible Oil – Refined Soya Bean Oil, Refined Palm Oil, Refined RBD Palmoline and Refined Cotton Seed
Starch and Derivatives - Malto Dextrin, Malto Dextrin, Dextrin, Dextrose Monohydrate, Sorbital, Maize Starch and Liquid Glucose
Defatted Soya Flour - Toasted and Un-Toasted
Full Fat Soya Flour – Active, Inactive and Feed Grade
Soya Flakes - Toasted and Un-Toasted
Indian Soyabean Meal
Indian Soyabean Hulls
Rapeseed Meal Deoiled Extractions
- Solvent Extraction
- Wheat Milling
- Cotton Yarn
- Bio Chemical
- Cattle Feed
- Vegetable Oil Refinery
- Oil Mill
Gujarat Ambuja International – The wholly owned subsidiary was set up in Singapore to focus on the international trade
The company has bagged various prestigious awards from Solvent Extractions Association of India, S.O.P.A and Glob Oil India. They are as below:
From Solvent Extractions Association of India -
- 2005 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Rapeseed Extraction and Castor Seed Extraction
- 2004 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Rapeseed Extraction and Castor Seed Extraction
- 2004 - Highest Exporter of Groundnut Oil
- 2003 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Rapeseed Extraction
- 2003 - Certification in Appreciation of its support on Castor Seed, Cotton Oil and its value added product
- 2002 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Rapeseed Extraction, 2nd Highest Exporter as Manufacturer Exporter of Soyabean Extraction.
- 2001 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Castor Seed Extraction
- 1997 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Seed Extraction
- 1997 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Rapeseed Extraction
- 1996 - 2nd Highest Exporter Soyabean Extraction and Sunflower Seed Extraction
From S.O.P.A -
- 2004 - Highest Exporter as Manufacturer -Exporter of Soyabean Extraction and 2nd Highest processor of Soyabean extraction
- 2003 - 2nd Highest Exporter of Rapeseed Extraction, Manufacturer Exporter of Soyabean extraction and 3rd highest processor of Soyabean Extraction
- 2003 - Certificate recognizing the contribution to bringing prosperity to the India Soybean Seed Industry
- 2002 - 2nd Highest Exporter Award as Manufacturer Exporter of Soyabean Extraction
- 2000 - 2nd Highest Exporter Award as Manufacturer Exporter (private sector) of Soyabean Extraction
- 1999 - 3rd Highest Exporter of Soyabean Extraction
From Glob Oil India -
- 2005 - Exporter of oil Meals ( GlobeOil Silver)
- 2003 - GlobeOil Bronze -Highest Exporter of Oil Meals
- 2002 - GlobOil Silver-Outstanding Performance in the Category of Export of Oil Meal
- 2001 - GlobOil Silver - for Highest Exporter of Oil Meals.