Garware Polyester Ltd. was Incorporated on June 6, 1957 under the name Garware Motors & Engineers Pvt. Ltd. and was converted into a public limited company on May 26,1981. The name of the Company was changed to Garware Plastics & Polyster Pvt. Ltd. with effect from April 14, 1977.
It is the largest as well as the first company to produce polyester film in India for the last 20 years. They have grown to be a force to reckon with within the polyester film industry. They are continously diversifying to meet new challenges and reach new horizons.
At Garware Polyester they serve the need of diverse industries. Their product range include films that cater to the solar control industry, packaging industry, reprographic industry etc.
They are a force to reckon with in the field of polyester film. They continuously diversify to meet new horizons and challenges with competence and dynamism.
With their vertically integrated production plants, four independent manufacturing lines and skilled manpower, they have built a business that spans the globe.
Serving the needs of diverse industries, their bi-axially oriented polyethylene teraphthalate film range includes sun control films, overhead projector films and films for - packaging, cable insulation, audio tapes, tracing & drafting - to name a few.
With an annual turnover in excess of US $100 million, they employ more than 1500 employees in their factories and offices. The Corporate Head Quarter is located in Mumbai and the company's main production facilities are at Aurangabad and Nasik.
The forties witnessed the birth of Garware, a simple manufacturing unit producing plastic buttons for the Navy. They later diversified their product base to include knitting needles, pen-holders and toothbrushes.
In the fifties they lead the race by manufacturing injected, moulded and extruded plastic products like television casings & fan blades.
The sixties brought new challenges in the form of new technologies. They responded by expanding our product line to include PVC pipes, fittings and allied products. End sixties saw the emergence of Polyester film and a whole new world of possibilities opened up for them.
By the seventies it set out to conquer the entire world. Their expansion plans were launched with exports to the Middle East. To meet growing demands two new plants were set up - the polyester film plant in Aurangabad and the metallising unit in Nasik.
In the eighties we produced sure winners like Garfilm, Sun Control and X-Ray film - all polyester based and indigenously developed. They were matching strides with developments worldwide.
The nineties, the era of high technology, saw them taking on new challenges.
Product range of the compny includes:
- Reprographic Films/Sheets
- Polyester Film
- Pet Film
- Bopet Film
- Biaxially Oriented Polyester Film
- Polyethylene Ptere Pthlate Films
- Packaging Films
- Metallised Films
- Insulation Films/Sheets/Webs
- Reprographic Films
- LCD Films
- Thermal Lamination Films
- Release Liner
- Opaque Films
- Label Films
- Matte Films
- OHP Films
- TRDR Films
- Yarn Grade Films
- An ISO:9001:2000 certified company
- In 1980 it was awarded the Gold Shield by the Government of India (Ministry of Industry), in recognition of our capability for developing polyester film in-house and thus saving substantial foreign exchange for the government.
- In 1988, the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India recognised the excellent R&D effort with the Silver Shield award, for developing ray film with polyester base.
- The company has also been consistently winning the Top Exporter Award from the Government of India (Ministry of Commerce) as well as the Government of Maharashtra. The 70's award related to PVC pipes and fittings, but since 1984 it was our polyester film which took the lead.