Avaya GlobalConnect Ltd. formerly Tata Telecom was incorporated on August 19, 1986 at Mumbai. The company was promoted by Tata Industries Ltd. (TIL). It is one of India’s leading providers of enterprise communications solutions, offering converged communication solutions, contact center solutions, and unified messaging systems for enterprises. Already a market leader in contact center solutions with more than 50% market share, Avaya GlobalConnect Ltd. plans to become India’s leading provider of converged communications business solutions for enterprises. With 35 service centers spread around the country, the company provides solutions to some 6,000 customers, employs over 500 associates, and generates $87 million in annual revenues.
Avaya GlobalConnect is India’s leading intelligent communications solution provider delivering business solutions that help organizations accelerate revenue growth, increase market penetration, optimize operating costs and improve employee productivity, by embedding communication in their business processes.
Avaya GlobalConnect is a subsidiary of Avaya Inc., a global leader in business communications. More than one million businesses worldwide including 90 percent of the FORTUNE 500® use Avaya solutions for IP Telephony, Unified Communications (UC), and Contact Centers (CC).
In October of 2001, Tata Telecom, now Avaya GlobalConnect, signed on with SAP. By July of 2002, the company had its ERP system up and running. mySAP CRM capabilities for presales and lead management came online between October 2002 and March 2003.
Business area of the company:
Products offered by Avaya:
- Avaya Communication Servers & Gateways - The Avaya IP600 Internet Protocol Communications Server delivers reliability and full-feature functionality to the customer's entire enterprise, by combining voice, fax/messaging, data, and Internet traffic - onto a powerful IP network.
- Avaya Communication Manager- Communication Manager delivers on the promise of IP by offering a no compromise approach to convergence in terms of reliability and functionality. Designed to run on a variety of Media Servers, Communication Manager provides centralized call control.
- Digital Phones- With their sleek, global styling and user interface, and availability in white or gray, these telephones look great in any location. There are a variety of 6400 Series models that can meet customers' specific requirements and deliver exceptional benefits to their business.
- Unified Access
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Messaging- Messaging provides a single point of access to all message types - voice mails, electronic mails or faxes, from virtually any communication device. Video Conferencing & Applications
The company provides Solutions for:
- Mutual Fund
- SME Solutions
- Avaya Unified Communications Solutions have been certified as Green solutions by Meircom, an independent product testing organization. In its report of November 2008, Miercom says “Based on our hands-on testing and verified representations made by Avaya, Miercom confirmed that the Avaya solution is designed to provide an effective and environmentally sound communications solution”.
- Avaya GlobalConnect has been recognized as the “Best Enterprise Solution Provider Company” at the INFOCOM CMAI National Telecom Awards 2009
- Avaya GlobalConnect won the Best Employer award at Sunday Indian Mega Excellence Awards 2009
- Avaya GlobalConnect has once again won the Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Enterprise Telephony as well as Contact Center Applications for the year 2008. This is Avaya GlobalConnect’s seventh consecutive win.
- Avaya GlobalConnect has been awarded the best UC solutions company by VAR India for 2008
- Miercom and Nemertes Research, recognized Avaya UC enterprise solutions for providing top-line qualities. The awards were presented at VoiceCon, San Francisco 2008.
- In India, Avaya GlobalConnect is the undisputed market leader as per IDC’s India Unified Communications Market Program.
- Avaya GlobalConnect awarded the best Unified Communications solutions company by VAR India.
- Avaya GlobalConnect wins VARIndia Brand of Excellence Award 2008
- Frost & Sullivan’s India ICT Awards