Ador Fontech incorporated as Cosmics Electronics and Ancillaries Private Limited on 22nd August, 1974. The company is into the business of supply of products, services and solutions that help in conservation of mineral reserves as well as in reducing down-time and inventory costs.
The product spectrum consists of low heat input welding alloys, solid and flux-cored wires, welding and cutting equipment, fume extraction products, in-situ machining systems, thermal spray products and hands-on rebuilding and reclamation services.
- 1974- Company got incorporated.
- 1980- Company started its operations.
- 1983- Company started new reclamation welding alloy developed for the Indian Railways in the H3 class.
- 1985 - Ador Fontech finalised an exclusive distributorship for India from Sulzer Metco (Switzerland, Singapore & USA) for thermal spray equipment and materials.
- 1987 - It launched of Fonmatic open arc FCAW wires and feeders.
- 1988 - Company started Fontech training centre in Mumbai.
- 1992 - Ador Fontech acquired FIST India Private Limited and Kostech India Private Limited merger with itself. The number of shareholders was increased from 112 to 1874 and equity capital increased from Rs. 48 lakh to Rs. 169 lakh.
- 1994 - Company further increased equity capital increased to Rs 225 lakh.
- 1995 - Ador Fontech successfully completed public issue and raise the equity capital to Rs 350 lakh.
- 1996 - Company received ISO 9002 Certification. The same year it launched Arcofon range of superior wear resistance technology wear plates.
- 1997 - Company bagged exclusive distributorship for copper and copper alloys from Bedra (Germany).
- 1998 – Company received exclusive distributorship for Gasflux range of products and services. It received approval of special welding alloys from defence organisations for armour steel welding. It also exclusive distributorship for Euromate (Holland) range of welding fume extraction equipment and systems.
- 1999 - Ador Fontech received exclusive distributorship for CEA (Italy) range of inverter welding equipment.
- 2000 - Company bagged exclusive distributorship for CEPRO (Netherlands) range of world class 'welding spot separation' products.
- 2002 - It received distributorship for Soitaab (Italy) range of cutting systems.
- 2004 - Ador Fontech started manufacturing unit for low heat input welding alloys at Bangalore.